Transforming lives through educational experiences.
The Foundation of Monroe County Community engages community support to inspire learning, enrich teaching, and enhance educational opportunities of all MCCSC Students.
2020-2021 Impact and Growth:
- 10,000+ students benefited from 38 grant projects totaling $58,000
- 740 kindergartners participated in our Real Men Read Program. Each student was given 5 leveled readers to build their home libraries – that’s 3,700 books!
- 1,620 books purchased for MCCSC Libraries
- $116,000+ was invested from generous Community Partnerships and Grants.
- Our annual Girls in Engineering, Math, & Science was virtual with 100 girls attending.
- $19,000 was raised to support the Food Assistance program.
- 35 upperclassmen were awarded with scholarships and awards totaling $21,000
- 20 high school students received Personal Achievement Awards
- 10 adult learners received scholarships for high school equivalency testing.
- STEM to THEM Lab was implemented.
- 6 new endowments were established growing endowed assets to $1.7M
Since 1973, the Foundation has provided more than 1,900 grants in MCCSC schools.